Chef Ch-Ch-Chayla is here to walk you through one of her very favorite decorating techniques of all time: How to Make a Multi Colored Icing Bag! This is a commonly asked question to us at My Make Studio and it's one of our favorite things to teach. You can follow along with Chayla's directions for making a rainbow icing bag or you can do as few as 2 colors.
Using the 6 colors of the rainbow make for a beautiful rainbow colored bag so you can't go wrong with decorating this way. Other common multi colored bags include:
- Red + Yellow + Orange = Fire colored bag. Use a Leaf tip to create flames!
- Light Blue + Dark Blue + White = Ocean colored bag. Use a basket weave tip to create waves!
- Green + Bright Green = Grass colored bag. Use a Grass tip to make a great lawn on your cupcake!
- Hot Pink + Light Pink + White = Feathers colored bag. Use any combination of 2 shades + white to create feathers for a bird. Use a Leaf tip to create feathers!
Here are the step by step instructions for creating a Multi Colored Icing Bag:
- Choose 2-6 colors of icing.
- Lay a sheet of saran wrap out on a flat surface.
- Pipe stripes of icing about 8 inches long in the center of your saran wrap. You want the stripes to be touching. They can be as thick or thin as you want.
- Continue piping stripes of icing out until you have about 6-10 inches of icing in width.
- Pick up one end of your saran wrap and roll it over to the other end so your icing looks like a stuffed sausage.
- Pick up the left and right sides of your saran wrap and twist them tight so your icing is now fully sealed on all sides.
- Put a coupler into an icing bag (optional). Cut the end off your rainbow sausage bag.
- Put your rainbow sausage bag into your icing bag and twist the outside closed so icing does not pop out the top.
- Pipe away!
Enjoy your multi colored icing bag and share it with us using #MYMAKESTUDIOKITS